Your new company
Welcome to Hapag-Lloyd, a leading global logistics company. We are an international team of specialists working across the globe believing that together we can change the maritime industry. You might not know us yet, but as the fifth largest container liner shipping company in the world, we are here to make sure that the flow of goods never stops. This year we are expanding even more and have opened up a new Knowledge Center in Gdańsk, Poland.
Innovation, agility, teamwork, collaboration – does it sound familiar? For us, at Hapag-Lloyd Knowledge Center, it does.
Join the team at Hapag-Lloyd’s “in-house startup” and help us navigate the future!
For our location in Gdansk we are looking for a
Backend DeveloperResponsibilities and Tasks:
Your new role
We are looking for experienced, highly skilled and motivated Software Engineers who enjoy seeing their work making a measurable impact and will be responsible for the end-to-end delivery of 1 or more of our 20 Web & Mobile products. If you are a person with a strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive and you have passion for building new products in agile manner with use of latest technologies in serverless environment – join us!
- You’ll work in one of our cross-functional teams: Apollon, Athene, Dionysus, Demeter or Poseidon
- You’ll work with Scala (main language) and Java together with your colleagues in Gdańsk and Hamburg
- You’ll learn and use AWS on daily basis
- You’ll have equal voice when choosing technologies and architecture for your products
- You’ll be closely working with business and our Product Owners
- You’ll be able to learn VueJS if you’ll decide to move from backend -> fullstack
Requirements and Qualifications:
What you'll need to succeed
- 6+ years of overall programming experience
- Most of the time spent with: Java or Scala
- Willingness to learn Scala if before using other backend language
- Cloud knowledge with hands-on experience
- Solid coding practices including good design, documentation, unit testing, peer code reviews
- Interest into technology and architecture – we really like to discuss about technologies and solutions that we’re using J
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (nice but not mandatory)
What you'll get in return
- International career opportunities
- Structured annual performance review
- Benefit Platform
- Access to the Learning Management System
- Fruit days
- Modern, ergonomic office, including height adjustable desks
- Bike storage, showers, lockers
- Private medical healthcare
- Sports package
- Group life insurance
- Flexible working hours and home office options
- Attractive and market-oriented remuneration and annual bonus
Our main objective is to put our company to the next level of Digital Excellence. We are part of a leading global liner shipping company hence joined forces of Headquarter and Knowledge Center makes us more agile, dynamic and analytically driven organization.
At the Knowledge Center, you will be working side by side with experts in a modern office space – innovating and developing state-of-the-art technology solutions that will enable us to connect the world across the oceans even faster in the future.
Let’s navigate the future together!
Hapag-Lloyd Aktiengesellschaft (Spółka akcyjna) Oddział w Polsce
Talent Acquisition & Employer Branding • Mrs Katarzyna Przerwa
Al. Grunwaldzka 413 • 80-309 Gdańsk