Not only our vessels are constantly on a voyage around the globe – also we as a company and we as a company internal IT department are constantly on the journey to come closer to our company’s vision of being the number one for quality in our industry.
We are looking for individuals who would like to be part of this endeavor and join our “BI, Analytic and Data Integration” domain as “Java Software Engineer” in the Supply Chain Integration team helping us to build up the products “Partner Connectivity” and “Data Transformation Hub” in Gdańsk. Our Slogan is
„Data is the currency of the future“
We are knowledgeable concerning all data that live within or cross the shore of our IT systems – we are passionate about salvaging its value and make it usable.
and we want YOU to be part of our IT team !
For our location in Gdansk we are looking for a
Java Developer SCIResponsibilities and Tasks:
We are looking for an engaged Java Software Engineer who helps us to migrate our legacy applications to Java, e.g. our Container Tracking System and other applications.
The primary responsibilities include:
- Implementation and Testing of J2EE Java Applications running on Websphere Application Server
- Implementation of next software version of the Container Tracking System (Event Driven Architecture based on Kafka)
- Implementation of RESTful APIs
- Requirement analysis on legacy application
- Migration of Legacy Applications to Java Platform
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Finished studies in computer science or corresponding working experience
- Excellent analytical skills and eagerness to learn
- Practical experience in agile software development
- Experiences with Cloud Development would be great, e.g. AWS
- Understanding of Continues Integration / Continues Delivery
- Understanding of Domain Driven Design
- We are an international company, so you should feel comfortable with communicating in English.
- Experience in international logistic context would be good
Technologies / Tools:
Java 8, Java EE, CDI, JPA, MongoDB, DB2, AWS, Kafka, Docker, RESTful, Confluence, Jira, Eclipse, Git, Maven, Jenkins, GoCD
Hapag-Lloyd Aktiengesellschaft (Spółka akcyjna) Oddział w Polsce
Talent Acquisition & Employer Branding • Mrs Urszula Moskal
Al. Grunwaldzka 413 • 80-309 Gdańsk