With over 450 IT experts, Hapag-Lloyd AG IT in Hamburg and Gdansk designs and develops global IT infrastructures and applications for one of the world's largest ocean carriers. The Hapag-Lloyd AG "Freight Information System" is the backbone of our shipping business and represents the benchmark in our industry. An efficient communication with our partners is an important aspect of success in our business. To ensure these, "Enterprise Integration Platform" develops and supports communication platforms in the areas Electronic Data Interchange (EDI), API Management and Document Processing.
"Enterprise Integration Platform" provides a highly available B2B communication platform that integrates seamlessly with our "Freight Information System". Large parts of this platform are developed and maintained by our team in Hamburg. A current challenge is the transformation of our platform from a classic centralized setup to a hybrid approach with meaningful integration of the cloud.
We see an IT System Engineer as an all-rounder who enjoys and is interested in further developing our communication platform in the areas of EDI, Reporting and Printing, both technologically and functionally. This includes the work on future design, development activities as well as building the environment itself. From the continuous further development to the implementation to the operation (DevOps) of the product, we offer a wide range of tasks.
For our location in Hamburg we are looking for a
IT System Engineer (m/f/d) Enterprise Integration PlatformResponsibilities and Tasks:
- Continuous further architectural design and functional improvement of our product in the area of EDI, Reporting and Printing
- Development and implementation of building blocks and interfaces for integration into the Hapag-Lloyd AG application landscape and existing development processes
- Provision of interfaces for monitoring and KPI determination
- Advising our internal development teams on the implementation of business services on our platform
- Support of the runtime environment and 3rd party software
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Completed studies in computer science or comparable
- Experience in software development, especially with Java
- Experience in other programming languages, tools and various operating environments are an advantage
- Experience with EDI solutions or other communication products are welcome, but not prerequisite
- Know-how in the development and operation of cloud applications (e. g. on AWS) is just as advantageous as experience in other cloud technologies (e. g. IaC)
- As an internationally operating company, we require a good command of written and spoken English
- However, particularly we consider your ability to work in a team to be important - because that is what sets us apart
Talent Acquisition & Employer Branding • Mrs Kristin Peters
Ballindamm 25 • 20095 Hamburg
Tel.: 040 - 30012647